Peppers Stuffed with Vegetarian Chipotle Chili
- Difficulty Level Easy
During my 21-day Daniel fast, which was eating nothing but fruits, whole grains and vegetables, I ate a lot of vegetarian chipotle chili. I simply love the smokey flavor and the heat from chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Being I really like peppers so I decided to make stuffed peppers using my vegetarian chipotle chili recipe. This was really fantastic and next time I might add some spinach or kale into the mixture before stuffing the peppers. If you like chipotle peppers this is a great dish for a meatless Monday.
Come join The Social Chef on Facebook and all my incredible Food Friends.
Eat Well…Cook With Passion!!
- (1 Rating)
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 ears of corn grilled and removed from cob
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 1 12 ounce can vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 28 ounce can whole plum tomatoes hand squeezed reserving liquids
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 peppers for stuffing of your choice, cut in half and seeded
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1. Follow the Vegetarian Chipotle Chili recipe and then stuff peppers and back covered for 45-50 minutes --> recipe http://www.michaelvanhorn.com/recipe/vegetarian-chipotle-chili/
The Social Chef
Michael Van Horn (aka MJ) 'The Social Chef', has incorporated his passion for culinary with his love and artistic ability of photography, his infatuation with writing, his charismatic ways of ...Read more about this chef..