Turkey and Three Bean Mexican Chili
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
The things you can make with Thanksgiving Day leftover turkey is endless. Turkey noodle soup is a classic Food Lovers recipe but it gets old every year so I chose to make turkey and three bean Mexican chili. I like spicy food so perhaps you wish to leave the chilies out if you cannot handle the heat. If you like different beans than what I put in my turkey three bean chili, then by all means do it. The best part of cooking is breaking the rules. I think this will be a new Food Lovers favorite. Hope you enjoy The Social Chef Turkey & Three Bean Mexican chili.
Come join The Social Chef on Facebook and all my incredible Food Friends.
Eat Well…Cook With Passion!!
- (2 Rating)
- 1 1/2 -2 cups shredded or chopped leftover turkey
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 15 1/2 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 1/2 oz can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 1/2 oz can kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 16 oz frozen corn
- 2 14 1/2 oz cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes with chilies
- 1 4 1/2 oz can diced green chilies
- 16 oz taco sauce (mild, med or hot)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 1 1/4 oz package taco seasoning mix
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth (If you made a turkey stop use that)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped cilantro
- Jalapenos sliced
- Sour cream
- 1. In a small pan over medium heat add olive oil, onion, pinch of salt sauté for 5-minutes
- 2. Add garlic and sauté for 1-minute
- 3. Then add all ingredients to a crockpot set to low and cook for 3-hours
The Social Chef
Michael Van Horn (aka MJ) 'The Social Chef', has incorporated his passion for culinary with his love and artistic ability of photography, his infatuation with writing, his charismatic ways of ...Read more about this chef..